Tuesday 17 March 2015

Past Aghast



I got this book as a free copy in Amazon and the cover was not so eye catching hence I was not expecting much from this story. But, now I deeply regret for having any doubt on this story, for it turned out to be one of the best crime fiction I ever read!

However, the prologue again was not that provocative to me. It appeared just normal and a common war mishap. Soon after I was in the midway of the first chapter, my eyes were kind of glued to the book. Though it’s quite a thick book and much bigger than the novels I read normally, I read this in one go. Many times I tried to put down the book and tend to my other daily chores but failed miserably.

The murders in the very first few pages were horrible to come across, yet the suspense and the curiosity was well nurtured by each paragraph of the book. Being involved in laboratories as my job, I could picture the scene and the surrounding easily and was scared to death the same time relating it to my own self.

The first thought occurred to me about Mark was “poor chap”. Still I couldn’t help appreciating his each move that followed. Even after witnessing a cruel murder all of a sudden and being trapped to even get caught for such action he acted as brave and intelligent as he could.

I like the way each scene and the characters are blend in the story. The character development was brilliant and the plot twists were well included. The date and time at the beginning of each chapter supports the reader to have a good mental picture in a timely manner.

All in all it’s a good book. Especially for someone who likes to read about doctors and suspense related to such scenario, this would certainly be a great read. The book assures you quite an extended exposure with doctors and all other related professions in the medical industry. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...