Monday 18 March 2013

Personal Growth


Introducing....

Personal Growth - (Growing Roots Series -2) 
by Chelsea Falin



Willie, despite a rough start, has become immersed in the culture she should have been born into. As she grows in her own knowledge of her ancestral roots, she also grows in who she is as a person. All things are now within her reach, and all she must do is put forth a little effort. With all of this in mind, Willie has decided to dedicate herself towards her own 'Personal Growth.'

"Our heritage might be bloody, but that's no reason not to be proud!"
-Spike

'Personal Growth' is the second installment in the popular 'Growing Roots' series by Chelsea Falin, which follows a young Native American teenager as she tries to find herself amidst a whirlwind of change. 'Personal Growth' will premiere on Create-space, Amazon, Nook, Kindle, and Kobo on March 21st, 2013. The first book, 'Less Than Humble Beginnings' is available at all major online retailers.

For the entire first week that 'Personal Growth' is officially on the market (March 21st-March 28th) it will only be 99 cents!!! Make sure you grab your own copy while it's at this promotional price and save yourself some cash! (Regular price is only $1.99, so you won't have to spend too much extra if you don't get around to purchasing during the promotion period!)


Sneak Peek from 'Personal Growth' (pages 22-23)

“Aunt Janie?” I asked, finding her at the kitchen table. She was looking over some papers, which I assumed by the calculator were finances. “Are you busy?”

Aunt Janie looked up. “No, no. I could use a break from this anyways. What is it, sweetie?”

“I was just thinking about a lot of things today.” I wasn't really sure how to broach the subject of heritage or my father with her.

“Like what?”

“Well, for starters… if you’re three quarters Choctaw, was momma that much to?” Aunt Janie nodded her head to say that it did. “So what does that make me?”

“Three-eighths, I think, from our side.” Aunt Janie answered.

Nodding my head to show I understood, I said “Well… I was wondering something else.” I paused momentarily, pondering how best to ask this question. I finally decided the best way to do it was to just be out with it. “Do you know who my father was?”

Aunt Janie’s face took on a slightly pained expression as though my words caused her a small physical blow. “Your mom never told you who your father was?” I shook my head to answer no but remained silent. “Well, yes, I know who your father is.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...